Their family’s very favourite Banana Bread recipe is EASY, moist, and simply perfection! Look no further for a fool-proof banana bread recipe that turns out perfect every time.
The ingredients are simple and it’s easy to make. It’s a “quick bread” which means the leavening agents in the batter are baking soda and baking powder, and not yeast, like regular bread recipes, so it’s ready to bake right away.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD:
- In a small bowl mash three ripe bananas with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy in texture.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Next, mix in the mashed bananas and milk.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed sugar mixture. Stir just enough to combine the batter without over-mixing.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 5 inch (or similar size) bread loaf pan and bake at 170 degrees for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
TIPS FOR MOIST AND PERFECT BANANA BREAD:
Room temperature ingredients. Room temperature eggs and butter emulsify into the batter better than if they are cold.
Don’t over-mix. For extra moist and soft banana bread, don’t over-mix the batter, especially when you add the flour mixture in the last step.
Over-browning. If the bread is browning too much in the oven before the time is up, place a piece of tinfoil over it.
This amazing recipe is taken from: