This easy and delicious chicken and mushroom pie recipe comes from Abigail Donnelly, Woolworths TASTE’s Food Director.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOKING TIME 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 leeks, chopped
Half an onion, chopped
2 cloves crushed garlic
200g brown mushrooms, sliced
2 cups chicken stock
Half cup cream
1 cooked chicken
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- To a pan over a medium heat, add olive oil, butter, chopped leeks, chopped onion and crushed garlic. Gently fry to soften.
- Add sliced brown mushrooms and fry until golden. Add chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream.
- Remove all the flesh from the rotisserie chicken and add that to the mushrooms and stock.
- Remove from the heat and spoon into a large ovenproof dish.
- Top with a sheet of puff pastry, folding the edges over the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.
- Serve with mash.