By Daniel Hofinger: www.danielhofinger.co.za
What makes for a good therapist?
I think the ability to be deeply present with your client is a very important factor. Not only does the practitioner’s presence make the person feel heard and seen, which is therapeutic in and of itself, but the right questions can lead the client to have realisations about why they are going through whatever they are going through. The ability to listen to your client, allows the practitioner to adjust the treatment in response to what is being offered rather than a one size fits all approach.
What do you love most about what you do?
I love the fact I am contributing to make a lasting change in a persons life, to deeply “affect them.” I believe that humanity will change for the better one person at a time.I also enjoy that offer a large variety of different modalities which keeps my work interesting. I also like the fact that I have agency.
- Tell us about some of the most popular treatments you offer?
There is Postural Integration, which is truly unique in that it works on the body and the mind. On a physical level, I de-armour the body through the release and manipulation of the fascia. The fascia has a tendency to store unresolved emotions and physical trauma and can shorten and thicken over time as a type of protection. This can lead to severe pain, postural problems and movement difficulties which many conventional therapies simply do not address. Postural Integration is a very effective treatment to assist with sports injuries and postural problems, but also greatly assists and facilitates already existing rehabilitation programs.
- Specialised Kinesiology uses muscle response testing to identify factors which block the body’s natural healing processes. These dysfunctions are rectified by stimulation reflex and acupressure points relieving pain, stress, injuries, muscular and nervous disorders, psychological disorders, learning difficulties, ancestral and family patterns, and many more. Kinesiology stimulates the natural internal energies and releases the untapped potential of the individual.
- NAET allergy assessment and clearing uses Kinesiology and vibrational vials to detect allergies or insults to the body. These allergies are cleared using those vibrations in conjunction with acupressure points to reprogram the body so it is no longer allergic.
- Sports Massage uses deep pressure, stretching and acupressure points to iron out stress and injuries and facilitate the body’s return to wellness.
- Cranio Sacral Therapy evaluates and improves the action of the Cranio Sacral system by means of gentle holding. One can facilitate the release of deep-seated trauma to restore balance and wellness.
What draws you towards more natural treatments?
I think there is an ever growing movement, in humanity at large, to understand their body’s symptoms. Natural treatments tend to assist the body in its own ability to heal by removing the blockages that hinder it. One could say that Natural treatments are in alignment with the body’s own intelligence to facilitate well being.