Sarah Bowes, owner of Urban Savvy Design, feels her most authentic and joyful when balancing being a mother, a spiritual seeker, and an interior designer. As she grows and develops in one area of her life, she finds the other areas naturally evolve and deepen.
She aims to empower women through her work by helping to redefine their lives and build transformative spaces for them to a life of wellness, happiness, and creative expression.
In addition to Sarah’s consultation work, she has recently launched an affordable online interior design course for women who are interested in authentic design and wellness.
Sarah is excited to see the conversations and awareness being raised about the built environment and the impact it has on us as human beings and as a society. She says Winston Churchill says it best “we shape our buildings and afterwards they shape us”. She says as theoretical terms like biomimicry, holistic interior design, and wellness-focused interiors are filtering into the mainstream, people are going to be more empowered to make decisions about their homes, offices, and lifestyles and that, over time, they will demand the industry to create more responsible, environmentally- sensitive buildings that are centred around psychological, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
For interior design professionals to meet these demands, there will be no choice but to dive deeper to find transformational solutions, which will prove as much of a challenge as an incredible opportunity. The rapid growth in technology in the industry is already paving the way forward.
Some inspiration from Sarah this Women’s Day:
- Hold the vision, trust the process.
- Stand strong, tread lightly.
- Be you, share yourself with the world, and fulfil your purpose.
- You are only as empowered as the community and collaborations that support you. Invest in them with unwavering commitment.
- We all need to cultivate a deeper reverence for personal growth and self-care to serve women, our families, communities, and careers.
- Live life with an open heart and unwavering kindness.
Sarah: 072-864 6545